Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Art of Divination


Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god", related to divinus, divine)
Introduction
Divination has been as long as mankind has walked the earth. . Divination is the practice of determining the hidden significance or cause of events, sometimes foretelling the future, by various natural, psychological, and other techniques. It is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by reading signs, events, or omens, or through alleged contact with a supernatural agency. In the context of ancient Roman culture and belief, divination was concerned with discovering the will of the gods. Today, however, scholars no longer restrict the word to the root meaning. The Egyptians, Druids and Hebrews used scrying. Romans liked augury and haruspicy (a form of divination by natural phenomena (e.g. lightening), especially from inspection of the entrails of animal sacrifices. Also called extispicy) and the Greeks had Oracles. Grain, sand and peas were tossed into fields in the middle Ages to read the patterns they fell in, for the purpose of divining the cast of the year, crops, health, and every aspect of life. Found in all civilizations, both ancient and modern, it is encountered most frequently in contemporary mass society such forms as horoscopes, astrology, crystal gazing, tarot cards, the IChing (used as far back as 1000BCE), Runes and the Ouija board.

Personal Experience with Divination
I first experienced divination in the late1980’s in my search for a connection with my “roots”. In the confusion of being African, Indian, and Scottish if found that I going in circles until I discovered the one link. They were all cultures of great warriors and the deepest connection was Africa. Once that information revealed itself a book on Divination appeared with a deck of cards “Tikar Spider Cards”. Overjoyed I began studying the Zulu Divination Technique and I eagerly put together a set of “bones” and a “divining mat”. My friend and roommate at the time was a psychic who participated in the Norma Cowie’s Psychic Fairs at the PNE and I decided to use him as a guinea pig to get feedback about the readings I was learning to do. I was halfway through the reading when he got up and I thought to myself “oh, oh, is it that bad? To my amazement he walked around speaking more with himself about how he had to call Norma and book a table for me at her next event. I thought he was making fun of me but no he was serious and yes I did my first Psychic Event that year.
She did two events per year so I also did her Fall show and booked a booth for myself. It was madness, people were lined up for readings with me and two women actually started fighting for a spot that was open. My young daughter was booking my appointments and managed to sweet talk sanity back into the situation. At one point I realized that I was reading my third Psychiatric nurse. I mentioned to her that my last client was also a nurse and she said she knew her and there were several others that wanted a reading with me. The next thing I know several of them were crowded around my table intently watching and listening to my reading. One of them finally commented on how amazing the reading was as it was so much like a psychiatric evaluation only the evaluation took months and I seemed to be getting the same information in just an hour reading. This really surprised me as I was so new to doing the readings and I was not really sure where the information was coming from me.
A few years later I found an article in the Summer 1993 edition of “Shamans Drum” titled “Learning to Read the Bones” and the following paragraph caught my eye. “When you do a psychological reading for a person in the Western style you give psychological tests and, after three months or so reach a conclusion as to where the patient has been and where he is now, in his development and problems. That call all can be done within an hour, in a reading of the bones. A psychologist from Wits University once watched my teacher and me and said, “It’s amazing how quickly you’ve arrived at the same decisions we have.” This was pretty much the same thing the nurses had told me and to this day I still attract psychiatric nurses as clients.
How Divination Can Help You
In order to explain further the benefits of Divination I will continue with the paragraph above from the “Shamans Drum” edition. “If you accept that you can get a headache because of a problem and not because there is something wrong with your head, then you’ll understand fully what I mean. Today when a senior executive goes for an interview with a company, they want to meet his wife and they want to know his relationship with her. The Afrikans have known this for centuries; it’s just an accepted fact that as an individual you are not an individual alone. You are part of a much larger sphere and that sphere has its power over you – for you or against you. It is important to know what that power is. And that’s what nyangas (Diviners) discover.”
You will also discover how you fit into your world and the effects people, place, events and things have over your life circumstances. You will discover intimate details of your family life and your emotions, passions, limitations and more. Best of all you will leave with a feeling that you can overcome anything that life places before you.
Please feel free to contact me if you require more information or are interested in experiencing a reading mbrz300@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment